Sunday, November 1, 2009

Breakfast for a chilly Sunday morning

Apple Oven Pancake

As the weather turns colder, it is time to turn the oven on to warm up the house in the morning. I like to throw a pan of oven bacon in before I start this recipe.

Ingredients:

2 Tbsp

Butter

 

½ Cup

Milk

1-2

Apples

 

1 Tbps

Vanilla

1 Tsp

Cinnamon

 

¼ Cup

Cornmeal

1 Tsp

Lemon Juice

 

¼ Cup

Flour

¼ Cup

Sugar

 

¼ Tsp

Salt

2

Lg Eggs

   

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 400°
  2. Put butter in oven-proof skillet (~10") over med heat
  3. Chop apples roughly. You want enough to cover the bottom of the pan completely.
  4. Toss the apples with a tablespoon of sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon.
  5. When the butter is nice and bubbly, add the apples to the pan.
  6. Whisk the eggs well and add the milk and vanilla.
  7. Add the flour, cornmeal, and salt and whisk well again.
  8. Pour the batter over the apples.
  9. Put the skillet in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until it is set but still a little jiggly.


 


 

The pancake is nice with maple syrup but I prefer it with a little caramel sauce. I suppose I could make it myself but the stuff they sell in the grocery store with the ice cream toppings works just as well for me.


 


 

No comments:

Twitter Grader Badge